The Shannon Region is a treasure trove of sightseeing delights…here’s a brief tour of what’s on offer.
Within 30 minutes’ drive
Bunratty Castle and Folk Park
The Shannon Heritage portfolio has developed over the past 50 years from one product in 1963, which was the Medieval Banquet at Bunratty Castle, to a total of 7 day visitor experiences and 4 evening entertainments located in the Shannon Region.
The enduring success of Bunratty Castle and its Medieval Banquets has served as a model – one which has been imitated, in other parts of the world but not equalled. Shannon Heritage is dedicated to capturing the past at its visitor attractions and dinner entertainments in a way you can enjoy and appreciate. The Shannon Heritage portfolio offers fun and a value for money experience.
The Greater Limerick City area is at the heart of the Shannon Region.
- The largest city in the Region with a conurbation of 100,000 people
- The Limerick-Shannon area is the designated Gateway for the Shannon Region
- Home to two large regional business parks – the National Technology Park and Raheen Business Park
- Third-level facilities include the University of Limerick and Limerick Institute of Technology
- Thomond Park, an iconic 25,000 seater stadium, is the home of rugby in the Region and a major venue for concerts
Within 60 minutes
- The Burren
- Killaloe and Lough Derg
- Carrigaholt Dolphin Watching and sea fishing
- Kilrush Dolphin Watching
Within 90 minutes
- The Cliffs of Moher
- Foynes harbour and flying-boat museum
- Galway City