News

News
May 20, 2026

Ministers announce opening of €120 million Road Transporters Support Scheme

Minister for Transport Darragh O’Brien and Minister of State at the Department of Transport with responsibility for International and Road Transport, Logistics, Rail and Ports, Seán Canney, have confirmed that the Road Transporters Support Scheme will open tomorrow (Wednesday 20 May) for applications.

The RTSS was announced by Government last month and supports the road transport sector in recognition of its essential role in Ireland’s supply chains, for businesses and in providing essential connectivity across both urban and rural communities.

The Scheme provides financial support to licenced hauliers, the own account sector, and commercial coach operators to help meet the challenges posed by increased fuel costs arising from the war in the Middle East.   

Minister O’Brien said:

“I am pleased to announce that the application portal for the Road Transporters Support Scheme will open on the Department of Transport’s website at 12 noon tomorrow, Wednesday 20 May. The application form will be accessible until 12 noon on Friday 12 June. I urge you to submit your application as soon as possible.”

Minister of State at the Department of Transport with responsibility for International and Road Transport, Logistics, Rail and Ports, Seán Canney said:

“The last few weeks have been challenging for the haulage and coach sector. The RTSS will support hauliers and transport operators to face these challenges and continue to play their vital role in our economy. In recognition of this, we have made the application process as simple as possible for applicants.”

The Scheme will be administered by the Department of Transport and the application form will be accessible on the Department’s website tomorrow.

Full details of the terms and conditions, State Aid rules, and data processing requirements will also be provided at the time of the application system going live. 

SHARE THIS