Communicate to Succeed
Not much has changed since George Bernard Shaw stated that “The problem with communication is the illusion that is has occurred”! Being able to communicate effectively helps you to create a positive impact in your workplace. Poor communication skills at work, whether face-to-face or online, often lead to serious issues, for instance when people send an abrupt or muddled email when a phone call or face-to-face meeting would be much more effective. Important communication skills covered in this course include being able to question effectively, listen actively, influence successfully, build understanding and deal with conflict where necessary.
Who is this course for?
This Communications Skills training course is aimed at individuals who wish to:
- Communicate more effectively in the workplace
- Project a positive image at work
- Understand others better
- Be equipped to handle a wide range of communication scenarios and media
- Influence and negotiate through communication
You will learn how to:
- Influence and build rapport at work
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Realise how body language impacts on communication
- Overcome barriers to effective communication
- Understand and appreciate different personalities
- Handle difficult communication scenarios
- Adapt to a range of communication settings including one-to-ones, informal and formal meetings and presentations at work
- Influence peers, other colleagues and management
- Understand how assertiveness differs from aggression and submission
- Address work situations in an assertive manner
- Negotiate to achieve win-win solutions
How will you learn?
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and individual learning activities
- Group discussion
- Role plays of real-life communication/ influencing scenarios
Donal Fitzgibbon joined IBT twelve years ago and specialises in the areas of people skills development with emphasis on communication, assertiveness, motivation, influencing and problem solving. He also delivers courses in Emotional Intelligence and facilitates interactive workshops for Team Leader development, meeting skills and time management.
Member Fee €120 per person (Includes lunch, tea and coffee)
Non Member Fee €150 per person (Includes lunch, tea and coffee)
Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the agreed cost of the training.