Cratloe National School
St John’s is a Catholic cooeducational primary school. The catchment area is the parish of Cratloe which is located in the south east of County Clare. There were a number of ‘hedge schools’ in the area in the 18th and early 19th centuries. The first permanent school was built in 1849 and is now the local Community Hall.
At present 280 pupils attend the school and this number is growing all the time.