Clare Volunteer Centre is an independent and free service aimed at encouraging more people to become involved in volunteering across the county.
Our role is to provide information and advice to people interested in volunteering and to organisations looking for volunteers.
– We have enabled people to connect with their local communities through providing 1:1 support, monthly newsletters, information and advice.
– We have contributed to the ongoing development of local communities through sourcing highly skilled volunteers, providing training and support, bespoke workshops and role development.
– We have provided linkages between local businesses and community focused initiatives, sourced community projects for national corporates engaging in their corporate responsibility programmes.
– We have led on innovative projects which have been replicated across the Volunteer Centre network, including the Volunteer Discount Card and ran the ‘Welcoming Claires to County Clare’ Gathering Project for Clare County Council in 2013.
– We support volunteers with varying abilities to access meaningful volunteer opportunities that enable them to contribute to their local community.