The Institute of Directors will hold a one-day workshop in Shannon on Understanding the Role and Responsibilities of the Board, its Chair and Directors presented by John Smyth on Thursday, 10th September 2015, from 9.00am to 4.30pm. The venue is Oakwood Arms Hotel, Shannon.
WHAT DO I GAIN FROM THIS WORKSHOP?
- A better understanding of the role and duties of directors
- Increased knowledge of current regulatory and governance issues
- Increased awareness of issues around directors’ liability
- The Company—Legal Framework
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Chair and Directors
- Board Structure and Best Practice
- Directors’ Roles & Definitions
- Risk Identification, Monitoring & Mitigation
ABOUT JOHN SMYTH
John Smyth is a corporate governance specialist and a former President of the Institute of Directors, as well as being a Chartered Director. He has delivered quality director training courses for companies in Ireland and overseas. Using his broad experience, he has added value to companies through constructive critical contributions at board and committee meetings. From 1992 to 2000 he was Group Chief Executive with First National Building Society/First Active plc. He is an independent board member of various organisations including IPB Insurance, Ostia Software Solutions and Department of Education, Northern Ireland where he is Chairman of the Audit Committee. John is also a member of the advisory board of Risk Management International.
The course is suitable for directors and executives who wish to update their knowledge of corporate governance.
Registration is at 8.30am.
Price €280 for IoD members and Shannon Chamber members, €320 for non-members, to include course materials, lunch and coffee breaks.
For more information or to book a place for this event click here.
Or Contact Sheila Byrne on 01 411 0010
A cancellation policy applies.
CPD Points available.