With only 40% of electricity used throughout the year in Ireland coming from clean generation, the Government wants this to increase to 70% by 2030 and have charged EirGrid with making the grid ready to make this happen.
EirGrid has launched a public consultation document Public Consultation: Shaping Our Electricity Future | EirGrid Consultation Portal outlining 4 draft approaches to attaining this 70% target, namely:
- Generation-Led – Plan for electricity generation at the most suitable locations
- Developer-Led – Continue to develop the grid on a project-by-project basis in any location
- Technology-Led – Change the technology used for the grid infrastructure
- Demand-Led – The location of large energy users is decided by government policy
Shannon Chamber is delighted to play its part in this process by inviting Chamber members, businesses, communities and individuals in the Mid-West region to this consultative webinar at which EirGrid will outline the 4 draft approaches.
Your input at this webinar and responding to the Consultation Report will enable EirGrid select the most appropriate route forward.
Play your part in finding the best way of shaping Ireland’s electricity future. The move to clean electricity will affect everyone in Ireland so don’t miss out on this opportunity to share your views
Webinar moderator: Kevin Thompstone, Shannon Chamber Director
- EirGrid will make a presentation on the 4 Approaches outlined in the public consultation report and the consultation process.
- A Q& A will follow to enable attendees to share their views on the Approaches.
Please book online to join this facilitated discussion with experts from EirGrid!
The Zoom link to join this webinar will be shared via email a day before the event.