The Mid-West Lean Network: the second largest regional lean network in Ireland, after Waterford Institute of Technology’s Lean Enterprise Excellence Group, launched in November, was set up to strengthen and increase the existing culture of lean within the Shannon and the wider Mid-West region. Its aim is to enable each industry to broaden and strengthen their competitiveness through knowledge sharing and bench-marking against each other and different industries.
Workshop #4 will take place in Molex Ireland Ltd. and will focus on: MOS
Registration from 2.00 pm
Workshop from 2.20 pm
Presenter Neil Enright, Molex Ireland Ltd., will bring his experience and explain ‘What is MOS?’
- MOS is a tool that conducts multiple observations on a task to establish times for work cycle elements and identifies opportunities for waste elimination.
- It establishes the “current state” together with identifying the “Gap” to move the task closer to “Ideal state” performance.
- MOS can be used in any production or indirect area where there are a group completing repetitive tasks every day with a view to quantify them and break them out into value add or non value add tasks.
- 17 years in Molex Ireland
- Various roles in operations started as an op in 1999
- Working part time in CI since 2007.Green belt lean and six sigma projects annually
- Working full time Black belt and GLSS site deployment leader since 2012
About Molex Ireland Ltd.
Molex manufactures electronic, electrical and fiberoptic connection systems, ribbon cable, switches and application tooling. Over 100,000passive component interconnect products and extensive custom design are offered worldwide.Industries served include automotive, computer, business equipment, home entertainment,home appliance, medical electronics and telecommunications.
Scheduled workshops for 2017:
12th September 2017: Standard Work with Element Six Ltd.
10th October 2017: Using Data to Drive Business
9th November 2017: Year End Lean Conference