This course is suitable for anyone who would like to produce and run professional looking slide shows. No previous experience of MS PowerPoint is required; however, it is important that those attending have a good working knowledge of other Microsoft applications e.g. MS Word or Excel.
We will look at the basics of slide content from text based slides through to inserting SmartArt, pictures, charts etc. We will also look at formatting the slide show in a number of different ways including applying PowerPoint Design Themes.
Once the content is complete, we will then look at adding the finishing touches to your slide show by adding Custom Animation. Learn then how to run the slide show in the most professional way possible through the use of some simple keys.
- The Do’s and Don’ts of PowerPoint
- Run through Basics
- PowerPoint Speed Keys
Working With Slides
- Creating a new slide / slide layouts
- Working with Bullet Points
- Navigating the presentation
- Moving & resizing placeholders / objects
Formatting the Presentation
- Formatting text, fill colours and lines
- Copying formats
- Changing the background colour of a slide(s)
- Working with the slide master
- Creating a Header / Footer / Slide Numbers
- Adding floating text
- Applying a standard design template
Logos / Clipart / Pictures
- Inserting a logo on a slide / slide master
- Inserting Clipart & Pictures
- Editing / Cropping images etc.
Working with Charts
- Creating Charts
- Formatting chart elements
- Changing the chart type
- Working with the chart toolbar
- Editing a chart
- Inserting SmartArt
- Editing & Formatting SmartArt
- Changing Layout / Design etc.
- Working with drawing tools
- Grouping / ungrouping objects
- Re-Order Objects
- Working with WordArt
- Inserting Audio Clips
- Inserting Movie Clips
Adding the Finishing Touches
- Working in slide sorter view
- Creating notes pages
Creating a Slide Show
- Applying Transitions & Builds
- Working with custom animation – Entrance / Exit / Emphasis / Motion Paths
- Running the slide show
- Options available when running a show
- Tips & Tricks
Other Presentation Output
- Printing the presentation – Slides / Handouts / Notes Pages
It is 1-Day Programme and spaces are limited.
Member Fee €110
Non Member Fee €140
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 360 611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie