In Association with
HR Professionals, Business Owners and Managers are all too aware of the on-going challenges in the complex area of managing Disciplinary and Grievance procedures and the challenges of their application within the workplace. This one-day intensive programme, as part of an Employment Law & HR series of programmes, will address key areas of managing Disciplinary and Grievance procedures , practical steps on best practice and application in this area.
The programme will include key areas of Discipline and Grievance:
- Overview of appropriate Employment Legislation
- Addressing underperformance, maximising informal procedures and corrective actions
- Successfully implementing Performance Improvement Plans and reviews
- Moving from informal to formal procedures: the disciplinary process
- Conducting Disciplinary Hearings: before, during and after
- Sanctions and the importance of proximity/remoteness and proportionality
- The disciplinary appeals process
- Termination of employment and potential consequences
- Grievance management: informal and formal procedures
- The grievance appeals process
- Constructive Dismissal and potential consequence
- Workshops and case studies
A full booklet of course content covered in the presentation material will be provided for personal use, note taking and as a point of future reference.
Time will be allocated at the end for a Q&A.
Who should attend?
HR Practitioners, Managers, Business Owners
Speaker Profile Michael Lee, MBA, ACII, Accredited Mediator, is an experienced Human Resource and Employment Law practitioner. He has extensive experience in Human Resource Management, with a background in Operations, Defence Litigation & Investigation. Adare Human Resource Management is one of Ireland’s leading HR and Employment Law consultancies offering both one off project based consultancy services and retainer support services for organisations requiring HR and Employment Law support on an on-going basis. Michael is responsible for managing the HR consultancy division and support team and overseeing key client projects.
Registration: 9.15 a.m – Programme commences 9.30am.
Includes light lunch; seminar ending no later than 4.30pm.
This event is open to Shannon Chamber members and non-members.
Members €250 per programme; Non-Members €300 per programme
Spaces are limited to optimise effectiveness of the programme.
Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the agreed cost of the training. Registrants who fail to attend the event will be charged 100% of the full fee.