This programme will guide participants through the selection and interview process. They will avoid the pitfalls encountered by untrained interviewers such as reacting to personality, changing the job to fit the participants and bargaining on terms and conditions.
Duration: 1 Day
PREPARATION FOR THE INTERVIEW
- Analysing job applications
- Aims and objectives of the interview
- Preparing for a selection interview
- Interviewing in pairs
- The panel interview
- Preparing the interview plan
CONDUCTING THE INTERVIEW
- Questioning techniques and the importance of planning questions
- Questions in relation to the legal aspects of hiring the candidate
- Coaching the interviewer
- Communicating during the interview
- Non verbal communication
- Taking notes
- Establishing rapport with the interviewee
- Active listening
- Controlling the interview
- Questioning Skills
Mock interviews will be carried out in order to re-enforce skills acquired
- Facilitating the group in identifying the key attributes of the suitable candidate for the position
- Ensuring the ‘right fit’
- Analysing the job in terms of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Agreeing the specification of the suitable candidate
How will you learn?
This day will be very interactive and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and individual learning activities
- Group discussion
It is 1-Day Programme and spaces are limited.
Member Fee €80
Non Member Fee €110
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at email@example.com or call 061 360 611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie