Communicate clearly by email and in writing!
Your email and business correspondence reflects as much about you as it does the subject matter. There is a systematic approach to business writing which does not come naturally even to normally good communicators. During this session participants with no formal training in email and business writing will learn and practice the fundamental techniques of email etiquette and business communication.
Duration: One Day
Following this session you will:
- Improve communication skills
- Identify your own personal style
- Build confidence in your email and business writing
- Write in a manner which conveys results clearly and concisely
- Avoid common mistakes, jargon and grammatical pitfalls
- Use style, tone and vocabulary to vary your writing
- Understanding effective communication
- Overcome barriers to effective communication
- Communicating in a range of communication media; from online to offline media
- Choosing assertive words in written and email communication
- Only discuss public matters
- Briefly introduce yourself -Be aware of confidential information
- Respond in a timely manner
- Refrain from sending one-liners
- Avoid using shortcuts, emotion, jargon or slang
- Be clear on your subject line
- Do not get mistaken for spam
- Provide a warning if sending large attachments
- Use the telephone if a topic needs to be explained or negotiated
- Observe privacy
- Keep it short and get to the point
- Know your audience
- Always use your signature
- Set up email standards that everyone in the organisation may use
How will you learn?
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and individual learning activities
- Group discussion
- Opportunity to practice matter relevant to your organisation
It is 1-Day Programme and spaces are limited.
Member Fee €80
Non Member Fee €110
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 360 611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie