Shannon may lay claim to a lot of ‘firsts’, but it has a close competitor in An Post, which takes the honour of being the:
- First major company in Ireland to eliminate the gender pay gap;
- First postal service in the world to attain zero emission delivery status in all major cities – Dublin, Waterford, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Kilkenny; and
- First company in Ireland to trial the use of HVO (Hydro-treated Vegetable Oil) for fleet fuel.
The is an amazing achievement for an organisation that is:
- One of the largest employers in the country;
- Maintains one of the largest fleets in Ireland; and
- Runs the largest retail network.
An Post was the recipient of The Outstanding Achievement in Sustainable Business Impact at Chambers Ireland’s Sustainable Business Impact Awards 2022, for demonstrating commitment to sustainability in its company values and consistently meeting key judging criteria across all aspects of sustainability,
Sustainability informs every aspect of An Post’s business, every single day, enabling it to deliver benefits to its employees, its customers and the communities it serves.
Key Sustainability Achievements in 2021 included:
- Eliminating the gender pay gap – first company in Ireland to do so
- Reduced its carbon emissions by 4% year-on-year
- Avoided €1.5m in fuel costs through better fleet efficiency
Future commitments include:
- Achieving net zero carbon emissions from its own operations by 2030, with a 50% reduction by 2025
- Achieving gender balance across all management grades by 2030
- Running 50% of its fleet on alternative fuel sources by 2025
Shannon Chamber is delighted that An Post Chief Executive Officer, David McRedmond, has accepted our invitation to share his Company’s Sustainability focus with members and guests so that, we too, can learn how to:
“… contribute to the quality of life for people in this country now and for generations to come.” – David McRedmond
Keynote Speaker: David McRedmond, Chief Executive Officer
David McRedmond was appointed Chief Executive Officer of An Post in October 2016. He has led the Company’s Transformation programme and return to financial stability, sustainable revenue growth and profit by taking big steps to fix the Company’s economics and by restructuring the Mails & Parcels and Retail business in line with a rapidly changing, digital marketplace. David is personally driving An Post’s Sustainability Charter, putting it at the centre of An Post’s business transformation and Green Light strategy.
He was previously CEO of TV3 which he transformed into a major Irish broadcaster, concluding with its sale to Liberty Global, and he has held senior commercial roles in Ireland, the UK and the US. He is chairman of Eir, a director of Premier Lotteries Ireland (the National Lottery), a lifetime Fellow of the Irish Management Institute and of the Royal Society of Arts.
This is a great opportunity to entertain clients and colleagues at corporate tables. Individual places are also available.
Price: Members €79.45 / Non-Members €102.15 (incl. VAT per ticket)
Tables of 8, 10 or 12 can be reserved
Registration & Networking from 12.30p.m.
Lunch from 1p.m. to 2.30p.m.
Includes Q & A
Booking: Please book online to secure your place. For more information or bulk bookings, email Lijana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 475 854