BUSINESS FINANCE FOR MANAGERS
De-mystifying finance – the concepts, reports and the jargon
In order to maximise their contribution, all managers need to have a grasp of finance and how their decisions have an impact on their company’s profitability. Beginning with a foundation of financial concepts, the course will develop an understanding of basic financial statements – how they are constructed, why they are important (and to whom) and how they are interpreted. Participants will then progress to learn about Working Capital, how budgets are formulated, how projects are evaluated and how businesses are valued.
With real-life examples and reference to current affairs, participants will gain an understanding of the financial impacts of their role and be confident discussing matters of a financial nature.
Duration: 1 Day
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who needs financial knowledge to better manage their department or business
You will learn how to:
- Reading and interpreting financial statements
- Understanding financial language – ‘talking the talk’
- Interpreting information from the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Understanding the double entry system
- Distinguish between Profits and Cash-flows
- Financial vs Management Accounting:
- – financial – statutory reporting – management – to support the business
- The Budget Process – preparing an accurate budgets
- How to use budgets
- Time frame – drivers – Other
- Standard Cost Determination
- Month End Reporting – Departmental Spend – review for completeness and accuracy
- Deferral and release of variances
- Forecasting – preparing an accurate forecast
- Conduct Breakeven analysis, Cost accounting and Working Capital management
- Value a business
How will you learn?
This course employs a flexible approach tailored to the group’s unique demands. It will involve an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and Individual learning activities
- Practical exercises using real-life examples
- Group discussion and reference to current news items
It is 1-Day Programme and spaces are limited.
Member Fee €140
Non Member Fee €180
Please book online
For more information contact Cillian Griffey email email@example.com or call 061 360611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie